kuroshitsuji-black butler RPG site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
kuroshitsuji-black butler RPG site

a rpg for the new anime/manga kuroshitsuji/black butler

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

posting etiquette

Go down 
AuthorMessage
grell sutcliffe
Admin
grell sutcliffe

Male
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-03-07

posting etiquette Empty
PostSubject: posting etiquette   posting etiquette Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 3:00 am

Alright then Ladies and Gentlemen this was put up as a reminder of the rules of posting and to teach posting etiquette. In the recent battle between Millennium, Hellsing, and Iscariot it was brought to my attention that the rules of posting were ignored, and manners were thrown out the window it seems towards the end. I understand it if this is your first time being on a forum, but it is no excuse to post without letting the person who needs to do so. Those who are veterans of forums know how the posting cycle works. So let us start by going over the posting rules.

Posting Rules
1. Your messages must be at least 1-2 full sentences or 5 lines long.
2. You can only write in third person's side of view.
3. Your message should contain actions, thoughts and speech of your character
Your character's thoughts are to be written in italics.
Speech and dialogs are to be written in bold.
4. You must always write where did you come from and to what topic you're going to go.

This is perhaps one of the main problems that was encountered in the recent battle. People were not writing in the appropriate fashion of thoughts for italics, bold for speech, and actions in regular texts. For those of you who have picked it up already, good job. For those who haven't yet don't worry you will get used to. Another thing was writing posts without much detail put into such as where are they going, and their actions. Without these posts can become very confusing to people who are online, and active during the scene as well as those who are reading to catch up. Now let us move on to the rule of order during a battle.

Fighting Rules
5. During the battle there is a strict order of moves. For example your post must be always followed by enemy move, like that: You, Enemy, You, Enemy, You, Enemy. Or if this is a group battle it will be like You, Enemy1, Enemy 2, You, Enemy1, Enemy2 etc.

Here is another thing that was ignored during the recent battle. The turn order is very crucial when posting an epic battle, and it's what makes it so much fun. Not to mention easier on the roleplayers involved. If someone in your group makes a move for someone do not post automatically assume that that person's character succeeded. Wait for the person who is attacked to make a move or say something about them being hit or even defending themselves. It is only after that persons post that you may say something.

Again as always when posting anything no godmodding. You will be warned if such a thing happens.

Well there you go Ladies, and Gentlemen. If you have any questions about anything please post them here, and I will answer them for you. If you would like to ask me a question in private then PM me. Thank you all for your lovely time.
Back to top Go down
https://kuroshitsujirpg.board-directory.net

posting etiquette
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
kuroshitsuji-black butler RPG site :: registration :: info-
Jump to: